Unity’s physics system is pretty good for make look real rock falling down the volcano. It looks very real.
Here are the options I wanted for the rocks expelled from the volcano:
- Random rock from at least 4 rocks
- Randomly set on fire, with smoke trail
- Random rock size
- Random rock debris (splinter) generation on ground collision
- Rocks must react to multiple ground collisions
- Random sound on FIRST ground collision & random picth. Has bass effect.
- Diffenrent random sound AFTER the first collision, does not have a “rock rain effect”
- Rocks must stay on ground indefinetly
- All effects must be detroyed from the rocks after it stops moving
- Rocks must be able to “jump out freely” from the volcano without colliding with another rock during its ascension
- Fire must gradually fade out after the rocks stops moving
After countless trys and errors, here is the logic I came up with:
Here are the results: